|Camps Bay - Cape Town|
Based on this, here are 10 tips / things to do that can fill around 4-5 days of your time in Cape Town.:
- Table Mountain National Park: Take the cable car up to Table Mountain so you can get a 270 view of beautiful Cape Town, including Lion's head, waterfront, Camps Bay and the 12 apostles. You can also do some abseiling there!
- Lion's Head: hike on that beautifully shaped mountain on a cool morning.
- Camps Bay: Try to stay in Camps Bay so you can walk on its mesmerizing sandy beach, maybe swim (although water will be freezing) and enjoy the view of the 12 apostles, table mountain and the lion's head from there.
- Robben Island Museum: Book a tour to go visit Robben Island Museum (you probably need to pre-book since it's quite popular). It's an UNESCO world heritage side. This Island was used as a maximum security prison, among them Nelson Mandela who was there for 18 years
- Waterfront: Definitely a must visit, with its farmer's market, restaurants, pubs and shopping center.
- Bus Tour: Double deck bus tour, specially if you're there for 2 days as it takes you to all the hot places in 48 hours.
- Cape Point (Cape of Good Hope Reserve): South East point of the Cape Peninsula, mainly for the amazing views and to meet some of few awesome animals and birds like penguins, ostriches and baboons.
- Cape Agulhas: Most southern point of South Africa (something to check off your bucket list). It's the place where the cold Atlantic Ocean and the warm Indian Ocean meet.
- White shark diving: I didn't get to do it, but I believe if you're looking for something different and adventurous, this is the place to do it!
- Vineyard: If you're a wine lover, you probably know how delicious South African wine can be. One place I visited was Groot Constantia. You can probably make a day out of it by visiting two or 3 vineyards. It was in Groot Constantia where I started really enjoying and appreciating Shiraz.
- Bonus tip: Keep an eye on sunsets as they're magical as well as the devil's cloth :) Just as a Cape Towner what it is, or maybe you will just see it in your own eyes!
|View of Cape Town from Table Mountain|
|View of Lion's head from Camps Bay|
|Cape Town Waterfront|
For more Cape Town pictures, check my instagram.
FROM CAPE TOWN WITH FUNK!